As we lead up to our next Annual General Meeting, I thought it timely to let you know what the Redland City Chamber (RCCC) has achieved in 2019 from an Advocacy prospective - community connection and collaboration:
· Gender equity - RCCC achieving gender equality in our Executive team (50% female/50% male) 2019 first time for RCCC and 2020 looks to be the same.
· CCIQ Small Business is a big deal online campaign, distribution of marketing material at events and discussions with business community
· RWIB & RCCC support of Redland Centre for Women – empowering women to speak up.
· RCCC & RCC support of the Straw’s No More campaign
· Participant on the Redlands Tourism Subcommittee
· Support of QYAK the 5-year strategy for sustainable tourism on Quandamooka Country.
· Collaboration with QYAK by aligning our 2019 BaR Awards with QYAK to celebrate international year of indigenous languages.
· Collaboration with Cleveland Rotary – community connection and collaboration – started working together early 2019 on a co-hosted business breakfast (September 2019) and incorporation a Rotary award in the BaR awards.
· Continue to attend and support Start-up Redlands via sharing events.
· Attended and supported the Mayor’s Business Mission to Taiwan to promote investment in Redlands Coast.
· Ongoing invite to the business community to engage with RCCC
· Ongoing support of Cleveland Place Makers
· Participate of Regional Innovation Advisory Group
· Participate at Redfest championing – Small Business is a Big deal.
It is with pride that I will stand down from the President’s position at our AGM on the 30th September and invite you to attend the AGM.
2020 current nominees for Chamber Executive are:
President - Rebecca Young
Vice President (3 positions available)
Treasurer - Susan Napper
Secretary - Annette Cussens
Committee Member Nominations
If you’d like to nominate for a position, please do so today – nomination forms &/or Proxy Forms are available from our website: redlandcitychamber.org.au
NOTE We have a Special Resolution at the AGM to vote on:
"That the Redland City Chamber of Commerce Inc change its trading name to Redlands Coast Chamber of Commerce."
We welcome you to join RCCC and help us promote growth and prosperity on the Naturally Wonderful Redlands Coast.
Thank you for the positive support I have had as President and all the best to you.
Yours in business