Employers and employees in the national workplace system will be covered by the new National Employment Standards (NES) effective from 1 January 2010.Â Under the new standards, employees will be protected by minimum pay and conditions. This is a safety net that cannot be stripped away.Â This safety net is made up of 2 parts - the National Employment Standards and new modern awards.
What's in the National Employment Standards?
- maximum weekly hours of work
- the right to request flexible working arrangements
- parental leave and related entitlements
- annual leave
- personal / carer's leave and compassionate leave
- community service leave
- long service leave
- public holidays
- notice of termination and redundancy pay
- a 'Fair Work Information Statement' for all employees that make clear their rights and entitlements under the new system and how to get advice and help.
Call Claire at Harrison Human Resources on 3286 6035 or 0404 488 079 to book a 90 minute consultation about the new Fair Work Act and how it impacts your business for only $99 exc GST.