Initiating change for Redlands Invisible Youth
The number of homeless young people in the Redlands is between 160 – 260, but you probably won't see them unless you know where to look. This is what we are being told by the report "Youth Homelessness & Young People's Experiences of Domestic Violence in Redland City", which has just been released.
The Redlands community needs to keep these young people engaged as valued members of society if they are going to grow up to become active contributing citizens. In order to achieve a local solution to this problem, business, schools, churches, the not-for-profit sector and government need to work together to form sustainable partnerships.
We wish to take the opportunity launch a further initiative - Redlands Solutions – this is aimed at providing Redlands Solutions for Redlands Problems by:
• Co-ordinating the current programs and services provided by the Not for Profit sector in Redlands;
• Identifying gaps and areas of need in service delivery;
• Prioritising areas of need;
• Developing a co-ordinated approach to raising funds throughout the Redlands Business community and the general public;
• Co-ordinate existing philanthropic endeavours within Redland City such as the Redlands Foundation.
Be part of the solution!